Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website at www.compatiblecards.com (the “Website”). By accessing this website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Using this Website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us or order from us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use this website.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check this Website from time to time to review the current terms and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this Website.
The www.compatiblecards.com website is operated by the company Compatible Cards. Any reference in these terms and conditions to “we” or “us” refers to Compatible Cards.
590 Green Lanes
020 8245 6056
1. The Services available via the Website may include the following as well as others:
(a) an online address book detailing names, addresses, date of birth, and other information about your contacts, which will be compiled from information provided by you;
(b) the online purchasing of certain Products; and
(c) Certain prize draws and competitions.
1.2 The products (“Products”) available via the Website may include the following:
(a) Greeting cards, personalised greeting cards.
By using the Website, you confirm that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and you are at least 18 years old.
Ordering from us:
1. Placing your order
A contract for the purchase of a product is created as follows:
The User places the order on the Site by pressing an order confirmation button (“Checkout”) at the end of the checkout process: if the product in question includes content selected by the User it is a “personalised product”; if it is a standard product which does not include any content selected by the User it is a “non-personalised product”
By confirming your order, you are agreeing to purchase the product you have selected
At this point, we take payment for your order by means of your nominated payment method
We will send you an order acknowledgement by email, detailing the products you have ordered.
Please note that we reserve the right to brand our personalised products.
Our acceptance of an order takes place when we despatch the order. When we despatch the order the purchase contract will be made even if your payment has been processed immediately, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order.
We may refuse to accept an order:
- If, unfortunately, we do not have your chosen product in stock
- Where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment
- If there has been a relevant pricing or product description error
- If your order otherwise breaches any of the requirements of these Terms
- If your order for personalised products contains content which is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience.
- We suspect that the order has been placed fraudulently
- It appears that the order mistakenly duplicates another order
- If the order is to be delivered outside of the United Kingdom.
- If your order is rejected, we will contact you to confirm this and reverse the payment you have made for that order.
- Note that we may bar or prevent an individual Account, User, email address or other identifier from making purchases or otherwise interacting with us where we reasonably suspect an association with fraud or other infringements of the law.
Christmas Card orders:
- Cut off dates will be announced via social networking sites and our website homepage
- To guarantee your Christmas cards are delivered by the 25th of December 2015, you must place your order by the 17th of December 2015.
We use our reasonable endeavours to make sure that every product on compatiblecards.com is shown accurately and that prices are correct.
Where we charge separately for packing, carriage and insurance and other relevant charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our specified pricing structure shown elsewhere on this Website.
We aim to provide you with a fast, high-quality service. Please double-check your order on screen and your acknowledgement email carefully to check that all the details are correct. It is up to you to ensure that content you have contributed for inclusion in a personalised product is correct, and (for example) is correctly spelt.
By uploading, posting, contributing or including any content or material in a personalised product, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable
licence (including the right to grant sub-licenses through multiple tiers) to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute and communicate to the public that content or material solely for the purpose of performing obligations and exercising rights under these Terms.
We do not permit personalised products to include any content or material which:
- infringes anyone’s copyright
- infringes any other rights, such as a trade mark, of any person or entity or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality
- contravenes any applicable law (including, without limitation, any criminal law) or regulation
- is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person
- includes any material containing personally identifying information about another person, such as their address, phone number, or email address, except with the written approval of that person
- contains material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive, which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group
- may harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any person
- gives the impression that it emanates from or has been approved by us
- advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act
At compatiblecards.com, you can pay for your products using credit card, debit card or any other payment method which we make available to you at the time of your order.
We will deliver the Products ordered by you to the address which you give for delivery when you make your order. If any of the details you have given us in your delivery address are incorrect, we are not liable for any items which have not been received.
You may specify a delivery address which is different from your billing address, if, for example, you would like us to deliver the Products directly to a friend, a relative, or to your place of work.
We do not deliver outside of the UK.
Delivery will be made as soon as possible. Our normal working hours are Monday to Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm. We only process and dispatch orders during these timescales. All delivery and dispatch timescales quoted on the website do not include weekends, bank holidays or national holidays.
Whilst we make every effort to deliver goods within the specified timescale, on occasion due to unforeseen circumstances we cannot always guarantee delivery in said time, or accept liability for deliveries made outside this timescale. We cannot accept liability for out of pocket expenses or other costs incurred due to failed or delayed deliveries.
Some postal addresses in Northern Ireland, some offshore islands and some remote areas of Great Britain may not be covered by our normal delivery services and so we may have to contact you to advise you of extra postal charges.
The majority of our products are despatched by Royal Mail. If Royal Mail Second Class delivery is selected this is sent via second class Royal Mail which is estimated to be delivered in 2-3 working days, but is not guaranteed. If Royal Mail First Class delivery is selected this is sent via first class Royal Mail which is estimated to be delivered in 1-2 working days, but this is not guaranteed. If next day is selected this will be delivered the next working day. If you have not received your items, you must check with your local sorting office even if you have not received notification from your postman that they are holding items for you.
In the event you have not received your order, we must allow the following timescales before we can take further action, and claim back from the relevant carrier for lost items.
Royal Mail Second Class Post: 14 working days from date of despatch
Royal Mail First Class: 10 working days from date of despatch
Next day delivery: 2 working days from date of dispatch.
Our carriers will normally deliver your parcel between 9am and 5pm but certain carriers may deliver later; unfortunately we cannot give you a more specific delivery time than this.
(a) A signature may be required on receipt.
(b) If you are not around to accept your parcel, the carrier may leave it with a neighbour, or in a safe place, if they think it is safe to do so. A calling card will be posted through your door to let you know this has been done.
(c) If the parcel can’t be left in a safe place or with a neighbour, the carrier will take it back to the local depot, and leave you a card telling you how you can pick it up.
Next Day Delivery to Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland will take up to 2 working days for delivery and may also carry an additional carrier charge.
Neither we, nor any delivery service that we use, shall be liable for any failure to perform Services where such failure or delay results from any circumstances outside our reasonable control; these circumstances include but are not limited to adverse weather conditions (such as snow, flood and extreme winds), fire, explosion, accident, traffic congestion, obstruction of any private or public highway, riot, terrorism, act of God, server malfunctions, computer bugs and viruses or industrial dispute or strike.
The despatch date is the day we SEND the item you have ordered, NOT the day it will be delivered.
- All card orders placed before 4.30pm Monday to Friday will automatically be despatched via Royal Mail the same day, using the preferred service that the customer chooses to select on checkout.
- Card orders placed between 4.30pm and 7pm will be despatched the following working day using Royal Mail First Class Post, Royal Mail Second Class post, Special Delivery or Saturday Special Delivery as selected by the customer.
- If the card is a personalised card, please allow an extra 24 hours
- Please allow ample for processing and delivery during national holiday times
• Royal Mail First Class Post £0.63
• Royal Mail Second Class £0.54
• Special Delivery guaranteed by 1pm (the next working day)- £6.45
For most items, prices are shown exclusive of postage and packaging charges; these will be shown separately at the checkout stage before you place your order. In some cases, prices shown may include postage and packaging. If this is the case this will be clearly stated.
The cards sold by us through our Website are manufactured and shipped from our in-house production facilities.
Changing or cancelling an order:
Before you request a change or cancellation, it is best to check the status of your order by going to ‘Order History’, which can be found under the ‘My Account’ tab. Orders can only be changed or cancelled if the status is on ‘Order Received’. If the status displays ‘Order Printing’ or ‘Order Sent’ then it has already been printed or despatched and, unfortunately, cannot be amended or cancelled.
It is best to call email us at email@example.com if you would like to change or cancel an order. Please have your order number and email address that you registered with us included in your email, so we can answer your query as quickly as possible.
Emails are answered during business hours (Monday – Friday 8.30am – 9.00pm) in the order they are received. It is therefore possible that your order could begin production before your email is processed and we will be unable to make any changes requested in the email.
Please note: In order to provide a fast service some products are immediately sent for production. Please check your order on screen and the confirmation email carefully as we cannot refund products which have been miss-spelt.
Returns and refund:
If you are not completely satisfied with your non-personalised goods, simply return them to us at any time within 14 working days of receipt. The costs of returning goods to us shall be borne by you. Unfortunately we are unable to refund postage costs on unwanted non-personalised items.
The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. For your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel back to using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods as we cannot be held responsible for items damaged or lost in the post.
Your rights to return the goods to us will not apply in the following circumstances:
- Any products that we have made, personalised or customised specifically for you
- Where, in our opinion, you have not taken reasonable care of goods whilst in your possession and have not been returned with the original packaging.
- If you have made a spelling mistake on your order and it has been sent for production.
- You have disposed of the item you have an issue with
- A perishable item that has been consumed/disposed of
If you return an item because of an error on our part, or because it is defective, we will happily refund the full value of the item. You can contact our Customer Service department for a freepost returns label. They will request a photo to show the damage/ issue before a label is issued.
The item(s) must be returned in the condition in which you received it within 30 days of delivery. By the very individual nature of personalised products, they cannot be re-sold, and therefore we cannot accept returns if you have a change of mind.
We regret that postage and packing costs for unwanted items cannot be refunded after 14 working days from when the order was delivered.
- You have a duty to return the item to us and the cost of doing so is your responsibility, except if the item is faulty or does not comply with the contract.
- The parcel can take up to 7 working days to be returned to our Warehouse, unless sent via special delivery.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
The address for returns is:
38 Curthwaite Gardens
Extended Christmas Returns
We’ve extended our returns policy for the Christmas period. If you place an order with us between 1st November 2015 and 23rd December 2015 and you’re not completely satisfied with the non-personalised product(s) you’ve bought, we’re happy to offer refunds up to 15th January 2016.
Please note that our extended Christmas returns policy excludes personalised items.
If a discount was applied to your original order, the amount refunded will be adjusted to allow for the revised order value and appropriate discount level. Please note you can only use one discount code per order.
Please note that discount codes are not applicable on personalised cards unless specified.
You can see the information that we hold about you by logging on to compatiblecards.com and checking your Account details. You can also update your Account details online.
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us
to provide the Services to you;
- to tailor aspects of your experience of the Services;
- to process payments you make;
- to provide customer support;
- to send communications to you
- for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes; and otherwise in accordance with our legal rights and obligations.
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that act.
How we use your contact information:
- The personal information you provide to us will include your contact and delivery details, payment information, and information about people to which you wish us to deliver products.
- We will not disclose any of your personal data without your permission unless:
we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud)
- We are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Compatible Card’s business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- Compatible Cards, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Compatible Cards about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- We do so to exercise rights or perform obligations under, or to enforce or apply these Terms and other agreements to which you are party, or to protect our rights, property, safety, customers, or others
You can opt put at anytime from our email correspondence, using the unsubscribe button in the footer of our emails.
If you’ve opted out by accident, or wish to opt in again you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security of your Account and password
- You must not share the User name and password with which you register with with anyone else.
- We know that you may use the same password for other Internet accounts, and that it is highly sensitive. Rest assured, your password will remain encrypted and we do not have access to it. If you forget your password, you can request to reset it. By requesting to reset your password an email will be sent to the email address registered with your Account containing a link to reset your password. You will then be able to access your Account and create a new password.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and any other identifying information.
Credit card transactions:
Your full card details are not recorded or stored in our database. All payment is dealt with by our transaction provider (WorldPay). Once we have received authorisation from the payment service provider we will confirm your order.
All text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, page layouts, design and other material that appears on the Website is protected by Compatible Card’s or third party copyrights, trade marks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. “Compatible Cards” is our registered trademark, and you agree not to display or use it in any manner without our prior written consent.
You may use and access Compatible Cards to the extent required for the use of the Services in accordance with these Terms, and for the purpose that we make them available. You are not allowed to remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in material taken from Compatible Cards.
No-one may copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from Compatible Cards, or any of the material which is found on Compatible Cards unless properly licensed in writing by us to do so. You are not allowed to use Compatible Cards (or to copy or use any material found on Compatible Cards) for any commercial purpose other than to conduct the purchase of a product from Compatible Cards.
Compatible Cards hereby gives you permission to share your cards via social media.
No-one may use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access Compatible Cards for any purpose without our prior express written permission.
Website content and service access:
We will always try to ensure that Compatible Cards is available 24 hours a day. However, we will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time, or for any period.
Occasionally, we may provide links to other websites or resources for your convenience. We do not endorse the contents of those websites and are not responsible for their availability or service. We will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked third party websites you do so at your own risk.
We use reasonable care and skill to provide Compatible Cards in accordance with our specifications for Compatible Cards but:
the Services are provided “as is”
we cannot and do not guarantee that Compatible Cards or the Services will meet your requirements
We shall have no obligation, duty or liability whatsoever in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty and any other tort) or otherwise, save as expressly provided in these Terms.
Nothing in these Terms excludes or restricts our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, nor our contractual obligations in respect of products we agree to supply following our acceptance of your order in accordance with section 3.2. We are under a legal duty to supply goods which conform to our contract with the User.
We, our agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees and subcontractors will not be liable to you or anyone else, whether in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty or other tort) or otherwise:
for any loss of revenue, data, business, anticipated savings, profits, opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or for any business interruption
any loss or corruption of data
any loss or damage which does not directly result from (or which exceeds that which was caused as a direct result of) our breach of this Agreement, howsoever caused or arising
Except as expressly stated elsewhere in these Terms, all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms, whether express or implied (by common law, statute, collaterally or otherwise) are hereby excluded, except in the case of fraud, or where such exclusion is not permitted by law.
We will not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations under these Terms caused by matters beyond our reasonable control.
You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the Terms by you, your use of the Website or App, or anything done while your Account is logged into the Website or App.
The provisions of this section 9.5 shall survive the termination or expiry of these Terms.
We reserve the right at any time and without notice (a) to suspend or terminate your ability to access Compatible Cards, (b) to suspend or terminate your use of all or part of the Services and/or any then-current orders for products, and/or (c) to take technical and legal steps to stop you from using Compatible Cards if you appear to us to be in breach of any provision of these Terms. Should we do so, you acknowledge that we shall not incur any liability to you or to any other person.
In addition, we are entitled to suspend provision of all or part of the Services at any time if we are obliged or advised to comply with an order, instruction or request of any limb of government, or any regulator, court or other competent authority.
Contact from third parties
If anyone contacts us in relation to your or your Account’s use of Compatible Cards or a transaction associated with you or your Account, then you agree:
- to provide all reasonable information and assistance we may require in connection with responding to that contact
- to respond promptly and accurately to it, should we pass the message to you for a response.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
Only the parties to these terms and conditions may seek to enforce them.